On April 13, 2020, Meranda Vieyra, CEO and Owner of Denver Legal Marketing, appeared on ThinkTech Hawaii’s live streaming show, Law Across the Sea. Meranda helps solo and small law firms with marketing and business development strategies and the television show reached out to her to share insight into what challenges law firms are facing during the COVID-19 crisis.
In this discussion, Meranda shared that lawyers are leaders in their communities and networks. People are looking to attorneys for guidance on the new laws, the changing workplace, and also the economy.
The circumstances of the COVID-19 pandemic present an opportunity for lawyers to serve.
During the program, Meranda also addressed various questions on what marketing and business development should look like during social distancing and how to adjust to running a law firm remotely.
Here are a few of the questions from Hawaiian lawyers that Meranda responded to in the show:
- How can lawyers address clients that are unable to pay their bills?
- How do we notarize documents remotely?
- Are there any law practice areas that are affected more or less during this time?
- How do lawyers maintain connections while practicing social distancing?
- What are some strategies to help clients with the justice system put on hold?
ThinkTech Hawaii is a non-profit organization committed to raising awareness about news and issues that affect Hawaii. They provide a platform for civic engagement and produce live stream shows on a variety of topics such as law, technology, energy, healthcare, and more.
View Meranda’s full interview on ThinkTech Hawaii’s live stream show, Law Across the Sea.